Public Relations: Request for Publicity
The Public Relations Office at Fitchburg State University works with local, state and national media to promote news and information about the university and its respective departments and organizations.
To promote news and events, please fill out the following form and submit your information. The contents will be shared with the Public Relations Office.
To ensure timely coverage/consideration by the media, information should arrive at the Public Relations Office three weeks before the date of the event. This deadline allows for writing, editing, photo needs and sufficient notification to media outlets.
Public Relations will publish the information based on your preferences. You may submit information for publication among any or all of the following options:
- A press release, which is sent to our print, radio and television distribution list and is published on the Fitchburg State University News Web site, http://www.fitchburgstate.edu/news
- Fitchburg State Today, the university newsletter which prints every two weeks
- The Social Web calendar, which can be accessed through the university Web site, fitchburgstate.edu
- The Parent Newsletter, an e-mail newsletter distributed on the 15th of every month
- The university’s Facebook site which has a calendar of events (you must be logged in to Facebook to view this page)
After your information is submitted, Public Relations will call you for confirmation and follow up. If the Public Relations Office writes a press release, it will be submitted to you for final approval before it is distributed to media or published in university publications.
For more information, contact Matt Bruun, Public Relations Office, Ext. 4694, or email@example.com.